All licenses with one or more major lines of authority, COMMENCING on or after January 1, 2010, will be required to complete a total of 24 hours of continuing education in a two year renewal period.
Life, Health, Property, Casualty, Personal Lines, Variable and Dual Licensees must complete 24 hours of continuing education including 3 hours of Ethics every 2 years. This applies to insurance consultants and brokers as well.
Title Licensees will need to complete 9 hours of continuing education including 3 hours Ethics every 2 years.
Crop Licensees will need to complete 6 hours of continuing education including 3 hours Ethics every 2 years.
At least 3 hours must come from an ethics course (our Agent Ethics and Responsibilities Course fulfills this requirement).
License expiration dates are based on the licensee's birthdate.
Exams must be monitored by a disinterested third party.
Courses are repeatable every 2 years.
Excess credit hours cannot be carried forward.
Sponsors also need to report course credit hours to the state using the SBS Online System. Our prices includes the $1 per credit hour we must pay to report course credits.
Any license being renewed after the expiration date and before the last day of the following month, that individual may reinstate such license by sending in the renewal form with a fee in the amount of $100.00. Any license being reinstated after 30 days and up to 12 months from the expiration of the license, that individual may reinstate such license by completing the application and submitting it to this Department with a $100.00 reinstatement fee.
* To take final exam online
- Exam must be proctored by a disinterested third party
- Proctor must be present during entire length of final exam
- After completing and submitting exam online, a downloadable version of the Affidavit for Test Administrator form must be printed out from the computer which the exam was taken and signed by the proctor.
? Online Final: Fax Your Test Administrator Affidavit and Get Results
in Only 2 Hours!
- After Affidavit has been filled out and signed by proctor, please fax to 619-222-8593
- Upon receipt of the Affidavit, you will be given access to print out the certificate of completion for the course that was succesfully completed.
- Licensees and Sponsors are responsible for reporting course completion to the state.